One of Marshall's most successful and well known graduates is Jack Canfield, co-creator of Chicken Soup for the Soul, best-selling author of The Success Principles, featured in The Secret, motivational speaker and founder of the Transformational Leadership Council.
According to USA Today, Chicken Soup for the Soul by Canfield and his writing partner, Mark Victor Hansen (another notable student of Marshall's), were among the top 150 best-selling books of the last 15 years (October 28, 1993 through October 23, 2008) [SOURCE - Wikipedia]
David Neenan - Founder of the Neenan Company
Lots of companies offer training in soft skills such as communication and confidence building, and employees often view soft-skills training as a diversion from “real work.” Not so at The Neenan Co., an integrated building and design company in Fort Collins, Colorado, where employees say they look forward to training in communication, managing commitments, building confidence and other soft skills.
“David Neenan teaches courses about developing your own sense of humanity and how to work with one another in conflict resolution. He encourages us to understand the need for soft skills” – says Neenan architect Whitney Churchill. “The training is just part of the overall familial culture at The Neenan Company”, she said. “David Neenan — I can’t begin to tell you how inspiring he is. He is an eloquent speaker and great storyteller.”
The company attracts people who are interested “in transforming the built environment,” said Paulette Hansen, director of career development for the company. Salaries and benefits at The Neenan Co. are above what is expected in the industry, but that’s not why people stay at the company, she said. “I don’t believe that people leave a company because they want to make $2,000 more a year,” Hansen said. “What they are more interested in is having more input and being a part of a solution that they can be proud of.”
At a company like The Neenan Co., where development, design, construction and warranties are handled under the same roof, such skills are even more crucial. This collaborative approach to serving the client challenges designers in ways they might not be challenged in traditional architectural firms.
More Business & YOU Alumni
- Best Selling Author of Awaken the Giant Within, Mogul of Inspiration and Success
T. Harv Eker
- Best Selling Author of Secrets of the Millionaire Mind and SpeedWealth
- Co - Founder of Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream
- Author - Who Moved My Cheese?
Mark Victor Hansen
- Co - Creator Chicken Soup for the Soul, featured on The Secret
- Author of Smart Trust - Creating Prosperity, Energy, and Joy in a Low-Trust World
- Founder of Elektra Records, produced acts like the Doors, Queen, Judy Collins, Carly Simon, Harry Chapin I found the "training" (really an immersive experience) to be life changing and still of value three (3) decades later. Though I had been successful in business, fresh insights led to a heightened awareness which has proven to be of benefit in both my business and personal life.
Dame DC Cordova
- CEO, Excellerated Business Schools® / Money & You® Program"Marshall Thurber is without question one of the most brilliant educators of our time. He has an uncanny ability to synthesize some of the most complex principles, systems, information and make it easy to understand for those of us that do not have the gift of being a true genius. Working with him as his business partner for 6 years, expanded my intelligence, and my ability to see distinctions that completely supported the success that I experience today. I am particularly grateful that he constantly supported and encouraged me to discover and apply my "logistical" genius that I had no idea existed within me.
Marshall's "internal GPS" always takes him to the latest materials that most of the public won't discover for decades… He's a futurist, a brilliant human being that has impacted the lives of millions through the legacies that some of us have been blessed to continue.
I am forever grateful for the work that he created in the Money & You program, the original Burklyn Business School which now has evolved into the Excellerated Business School for Entrepreneurs – and other brilliant programs. The many graduates who have gone on to share some of the principles and technology globally, are some of today's wealth and business experts. Our organization keeps spreading the generalized principles taught by brilliant minds like R. Buckminster Fuller, Georgi Lozanov, Ilya Prigogene and W. Edwards Deming that without Marshall's translations, guidance and synthesizing, we possibly may have never understood so clearly.
Marshall will be known as truly one of the first pioneers of experiential business education. He continues to contribute today to many through the new technologies that he explores, dissects, synthesizes and then shares through his work.
Thank YOU, Marshall. May you and your beloveds always be blessed for the gifts that you have given so many of us."
, Private Equity Investor"Marshall Thurber is a master teacher. His courses have completely changed how I think about business, entrepreneurship, and how to I want to live my life. Marshall's experiential teaching style is incredibly effective. You will have "ah-ha" moments. You will question your conventional assumptions. You will be engaged and have a ton of fun. You will start asking different-better questions. And, you will leave with a toolset to immediately improve your life and business."
What Business & You students are saying...
"I was first exposed to his Business & YOU course in August 2010...in this time (3 years) my business has doubled from $2.4M to $4.8M, and I attribute this all to Marshall’s teachings. This course is a real 'game changer'."
- Matthew Heskin - Managing Director of Emission Testing Consultants
"Marshall is an remarkable teacher! His fresh and clear insights are supported by practical examples -- inherent in the training -- which you can make use of immediately.
I found the 'training' (really an immersive experience) to be life changing and still of value three (3) decades later. Though I had been successful in business, fresh insights led to a heightened awareness which has proven to be of benefit in both my business and personal life."
- Jac Holzman - Founder of Elektra Records
"Marshall Thurber is a master teacher. His courses have completely changed how I think about business, entrepreneurship, and how to I want to live my life. Marshall's experiential teaching style is incredibly effective. You will have 'a-ha' moments. You will question your conventional assumptions. You will be engaged and have a ton of fun. You will start asking different-better questions. And, you will leave with a toolset to immediately improve your life and business."
- Captain Bill Mehleisen